Sunday, June 29, 2008

Blue Skies

So yesterday (again) I woke up to frigid rain and cloudy skies. After a piece of bread for breakfast (which I stole from Toby), Toby showed up and I went with him, Eden from Colorado, Marissa from Montana, and Stefan from New York to the Octagon. We hung out at an art museum, hit up a video store, and went shopping. Then I ate at McDonald's - a terrible overseas habit - and headed back to Eden's to watch Talladega Nights (I know, I know).

My finger that had been injured from falling on my ass the night before had, at this point, started oozing, so after dinner at a shady Thai restaurant I went to New World grocer and bought band aids some hydrogen peroxide. What ensued involved the very painful scraping off of my infected skin under the hot water faucet, the even more painful pouring of hydrogen peroxide onto the freshly grated wound, and then the application of a band aid which wasn't too exciting at all. 

Such was my day. I don't really think I want to keep hanging out with Toby and his crew because they're way too mutually exclusive for my tastes. I feel like an unappreciated fifth wheel, and I also have an inkling that none of them are going to make any other friends throughout the coming months. There remains the possibility, though, that these excuses represent a thinly veiled attempt by my isolating-friendly subconscious to sabotage any hopes of me making new friends. What should I do, people? I need some advice...

Today, I awoke to shockingly blue skies and ice on the ground. I'll take this weather any day over the rain. Plus, Sarah gets in... Take it easy. 

No comments: