Friday, September 5, 2008

Ummm

So I'm writing this from our living room. Shannon is wearing a tiara, and there are origami cranes, party streamers, and massive banners reading "happy 21st!" hanging from the ceiling. Mine was slightly more subdued. "Gossip Girl" is on the television right now (Someone on screen just said, "Fashion is not of comfort. it's a party Jenny, either dress up and swallow that, or head back home. It's up to you... Alright people, who's up for a little game of truth or dare?) It plays on channel 3 (of 4), and the girls watch it most nights.

Today I went with a bunch of people to the live butterfly exhibit at the Otago Museum, and it kicked mega-ass. The temperature inside was a sweltering 29.8 degrees Celsius, and an array of over 500 butterflies fluttered by (did that just trip you up? mwahaha) three levels of tropical plants, waterfalls, and and plexiglass swing bridges. 'Twas a blast, 'twas. I did notice, though, that an ominously high amount of the little buggers had missing or damaged wings. What gives? Maybe people don't look where they lean against the railing as much as they should (which I NEVER have a problem with, and this parenthetical statement is NOT supposed to suggest that I DID, in fact, squash one of them....). Less entertaining and more terrifying were the spiders (of both the funnel and bird-eating variety) stored behind precariously thin glass walls on the ground floor.

This week I spent all of my time in the library chipping away at the first paragraph of my English paper... I think an actual grasp of the topic at hand (could I have turned "grasp" and "hand" in that sentence into some kind of clever thing?) would speed up the process, but I jusssst donnnn't wannnt tooo. Is there such thing as adult-onset ADD?

Also, tickets to Australia have been booked! I'll be down under (even though right now I'm kind of under that under, understand?) from October 11 - 24. Does anyone who's been have recommendations? I'm thinking Sydney, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast for sure. Some scuba diving will be in order.

That's about all I can think of right now, which is mostly due to the fact that I'm STILL recovering from last night (where I was forcibly removed from the library and made to drink copiously against my will), but the hangover is in that final floating-head stage, so worry not (just take it as an excuse for the poor diction and ridiculous attempts at humor [sorry, humour] in this entry).

Until next time, my dear friends and relatives.

1 comment:

simone said...

well, i found it very humourous nonetheless. the only thing i found completely devoid of humor was your mention of bird-eating spiders. i am mentioning this now in hopes that you will NEVER EVER speak to me about those again. besides that, the museum sounds awesome. i want to take you to the conservatory of flowers in sf but it is probably the same as the otaga museum but less cool, so maybe not. still, no mega-spiders there so i think it wins my vote.
by the way, there IS such a thing as adult onset ADD, and i have it. my mom has it. many adults have it. i'm actually finding it INCREDIBLY difficult to concentrate in classes here,even on things i'm interested in. good luck with the paper, you're writing skills are exceptional and exceeded only by your planning and executing skills so i'm sure it won't end up being too much of a problem.