Sunday, July 13, 2008

Exhaustion sets in

During the past 24 hours I have:

- Been sober for 12. 
- Watched the All Blacks lose to South Africa on a giant screen set up downtown with thousands of cheering fans. 
- Attended a dance party. 
- Slept for like...3.
- Intently walked to the library at 11:00 this morning. 
- Just as intently blown off said plans for studying to spend a day on the Otago peninsula. 
- Seen penguins. 
- Gone caving. 
- Ran in the ocean. 
- Froze my ass off. 

Now I have an antire book and a half to read by Tuesday. I'm skipping my first class tomorrow to watch 30,000 Jaffa balls (big chocolate balls) roll down the previously blogged-about Baldwin Street as a kick-off for Cadbury's weeklong Chocolate Carnival. 

Something else that's curious: No one here is aware of the existence of cilantro. How the hell am I supposed to introduce these people to pico de gallo without cilantro?

Also, the level of clothing sophistication I see on men and women everywhere is astounding. New Zealanders take pride in their sharp attire, and the last thing I expected for myself upon arrival was to actually WANT to shop at like every single store I walk by. I should look so classy...

Finally, POST SOME COMMENTS GUYS! I wanted some fun interaction to go down on the comment pages, but only Curtis and Eilean have so far given their two cents on any of this. To quote Gob, Come on!

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Dude. Just wanted to let you know that your blog is awesome and a beacon of vicarious hilarity and entertainment each time I read it. I only wish you had less of a life so that you could update it more often...but then it would be less interesting to read. Keep up the incredible experiences. I love reading about them.

P.S. ~ pictures are neat too.

Sent from my iPod touch that I was bent on getting as soon as I saw yours.

simone said...

skipping class to watch 30,000 balls of chocolate roll down a hill sounds well worth it. it sounds like you're having a good time, we must skype soon.

AJ Evert said...

Jeff -

I'm glad you got an iPod touch. Don't you feel cooler than pretty much everyone else around you now? Also, I'm impressed with your diction and sentence fluency... you're making me look bad. Any definite baby names yet?

Simone -

Yes, it was well worth it. For some random reason, though, the past few days have had me zoning back a lot to that one moment The Hives were playing at Sasquatch and we looked behind us... know what I'm saying?

Katelyn said...

what happened at the hives when you guys looked behind you? what did i miss?