Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Few Things

How I've noted the passage of time:

- The ferocity/timidity of the Waters of Leith, which depends entirely on the previous week's rainfall.
- The construction progress on the New World across the Botanic Garden from me (now I get to walk through the new entrance!).
- The construction progress on the bridge into the Botanic Garden (which would save me 10 minutes walking to New World).
- The falling prices of oranges at said New World.
- The increasing propensity of NZ beer's piddling 4% alcohol content getting me drunk.

English/Film topics I care to know no more about:

- Lady Mary Wortley Montagu's reasons for penning a response to Jonathan Swift's anti-blazon poetry in 1734.
- William Faulkner's post-modern aestheticism and its focus on warping both space and time.
- The inherent infantile-rage symbolism prevalent in 1930s Gangster films.

(Okay, that last one's pretty cool).

Birthday memories:

- My 10th, when I pooped my pants in the Costco parking lot because I was trying so hard to fart in Sean's face.
- My 19th, when I dropped out of Reed (arguably the first mega-forking of my life path... I wonder what alternate me is doing at this second...).
- My 21st (which is still a day away), when I was in NEW ZEALAND while the rest of my family partied it up in Vegas.

Self-proclaimed names of flats around campus (according to posted signs):

- The Penis Shack
- The Perky Nana
- Menstruation Tank

Have a good week, everyone, I'll update with a grand story when I return to Dunedin September 1.

No comments: