Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Post of Little Importance

So, not much has gone on since my Queenstown mega-update. The weather here is rainy and windy... so windy, in fact, that the airport in Auckland had to shut down today because planes were being blown away from the terminals as passengers loaded. I've spent something like 25 hours in the library this week, first coming up with a crappy research proposal for "The Art of Reading in Enlightenment London," and then to catch up on my "Film Genres" reading and type up an 8-page journal that's due Monday. Aghhh! I really just want to watch a movie tonight (an American movie, mind you), because I cherish them even more now that I don't have a Westside Video right down the street (although Video EZ is pretty choice).

I don't think I've written anything about my goal of attaining, like, half the adjectives in Daft Punk's "Technologic" yet, but for the past month I've been trying to go to the gym every other day. So far, this endeavor has been successful. On Tuesday, though, I decided to run on the off-days, and now my body is really, really sore in a really, really good way. There's a 1.4 mile loop directly outside of the door to my flat that's mostly on grass and dirt, and I can repeat it as many times as I want (who am I kidding though... that won't happen until at least late August). Kickass! Ummm I'm also waiting for a currently-sold-out graphic novel called "Watchmen" to be in stock at the comic book store... because I'm a huge nerd like that. A movie version is due out later this year, and I want to have the book read beforehand (for those of you interested, it's the only graphic novel to hold a place on The New York Time's list of the 100 greatest novels of the 20th century).

That's all for now. I just ate some pasta with a delicious marinara sauce of my own invention. I'm becoming quite the cook over here...

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Hey AJ. Can't post much because now that Alycia is here, free time is limited, but I just wanted to let you know that I am still reading your posts with great interest. First of all, crazy winds. How big are the planes that are being blown away? Second of all, how cool is the song Technologic. Pretty much made my brain turn into cotton candy the first time I listened to it. Second of all, good for you for working out. I wish I would get more exercise. Ok, that's all for now. Keep up the literary crusade.

simone said...

gerard, my homie who works at event scheduling with me just got a copy of the watchmen and told me all about it. it sounds rad.

well i am trying not to catch seasonal depression too over here, even though it's actually summer. there's about one nice sunny day a week here, if you're lucky.